Congregation Bnai Jacob Anshe Brzezan
(Stanton Street Shul)
180 Stanton Street
The Stanton Street Shul (Congregation Bnai Jacob Anshe Brzezan) is one of the last remaining tenement synagogues in New York City. It was built in 1913.
The town of Brzezan is in southeast Galicia (now the Ukraine). The Stanton Street Shul is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Rabbi Joshua Yuter serves as Rabbi.
The synagogue contains one of the few remaining examples of Mazalot in the Lower East Side.